Saw a tweet yesterday that said "Love sucks. Beer doesn't. FuckValentine'sDay." I tried to decide if that summed up my feelings about V-Day this year. Suprisingly it doesn't even though Valentine's Day isn't especially fun when, for all intents and purposes, you are alone. It has never been a big holiday for me since it's totally made up. Mostly, I think it's because I usually try to do nice things for someone I care about at random times all year long!
But I'll use this day as a chance to say thanks to some special online friends who have been there for me over the past several weeks while I've been down in the dumps. Thanks for lifting my spirits, bringing a smile to my face, boosting my confidence and making me feel sexy (imperfections and all). Most of all, thanks for just "listening." Your support has been more helpful than you can ever know.
Last night I remembered that I had gotten this box of candy the last time I was at the naughty store. Consider this my Valentine's wish for all of you! XOXO
We don't have to make you feel sexy when we are pointing out the obvious. :-) Saying you are sexy is like saying the sun is hot, it's just an overpowering fact of nature.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being there for us too!!
Happy VD!!!
I love the candy collection :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day, my sexy friend, you're a beautiful sight!
My Valentine's Day started out kind of slow, but after seeing this it's picked up nicely! We know that Valentine's Day isn't the happiest of occasions for single folks, but understand that if we had our way you wouldn't be alone. Jill and I look forward to celebrating with you very soon!
ReplyDelete- Jack
Happy Valentine's Day. Thank you for your posts, and thanks for sharing your candy.
ReplyDeleteHappy V-day to you as well. And "Yes" to all your M&M questions :-)
ReplyDelete