Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. I've always loved that album title. I've been feeling Mellon Collie (aka melancholy) the past few days and I just can't seem to shake it. I had a horrible sleep last night so I'd probably feel better if I slept, but that sweet slumber is eluding me right now. To top it off, I saw a website called dearoldlove.com which is anonymous notes to old loves. So a parade of bittersweet memories is keeping me company tonight. Maybe I'll put on sad songs and cry myself to sleep. Or, maybe I'll put on Smashing Pumpkins and make myself snap out of it!
I had that album! I probably still do. Some of my favorite Smashing Pumpkins tracks come from MCatIS. Good stuff. But nowhere near as satisfying as this picture of you, which makes us both wish we were there to help you shake your mood. Whether you decide to cry yourself to sleep, or snap yourself out of it, we hope that the morning finds you with a smile on your face.
ReplyDeleteI had/have that album. And I'm feeling the same way, especially last night. Good thing I didn't read this last night, I'd be out at the website posting away.
ReplyDeleteAnd i'm really liking the picture. ;-)
I hope you shake my mellon collie soon.
ReplyDeleteAnd for the record, this picture does NOT make ME feel mellon collie at all.
Fabulous album.. If only I had a pillow to rest my head upon and listen to it's sweet ramblings..
ReplyDelete