Friday, November 9, 2012

San Francisco - Part 1

This is really just the warm up post for my San Francisco adventure, but I wanted to get it done while I finish writing about the best part of my trip.

 I was lucky enough to arrive the day before my meeting began to find that it was a beautiful 80 degree sunny day in San Francisco.  I had planned on walking to Athleta, a women's clothing store that I like. It was about 2 miles away but I wanted the exercise and the weather was so great so I put my tennis shoes on and off I went.

About 4 blocks away from my hotel was the first sexy store I saw:

 
 
I admired a wide array of sexy shoes through the window but didn't go in. 
 
I found the shopping area I was looking for and spent an enjoyable couple of hours browsing, having lunch, and people watching.  Meanwhile, I was chatting with an online friend who suggested I check out a local sex-friendly store that was one of his and his wife's favorites. It was less than a mile from where I was so I decided to walk over there.
 
 
 
The store was great! It was big and pleasant and filled with tons of sexy stuff - vibrators, dildos, cock rings, blindfolds, bondage tape, play kits of all kinds, erotica, any kind of fantasy stuff you might need for a sexy time. When I first walked in, a couple that couldn't be a day younger than 80 was checking out. I thought, "rock on!"  I hope I have someone I can do that with when I'm 80.
 
And, at the back of the store was an Antique Vibrator Museum!   
 
I spent quite a while poking around but didn't really plan to buy anything. Just as I was walking out, something caught my eye and I was sucked into an impulse purchase. It may be awhile before I get the chance to use it, but I'll be ready :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. San Francisco is a great city for exploring, shopping, people watching, and generally having a good time, especially when the weather's nice. We're very glad that you enjoyed yourself during your walk to Athleta and beyond.

    Good Vibrations is such a fun, sex-positive store. It's up there with Smitten Kitten and Babeland in terms of awesome, non-threatening, non-sleazy (though sleazy isn't necessarily bad) adult shops. The Bay Area is pretty blessed in that regard; in addition to the three locations in San Francisco, there's also one in Berkeley, and Oakland's got Feelmore510, which is a similar but unaffiliated store. We love the fact that Good Vibrations attracts patrons of all persuasions; it's quite common to see older shoppers there, and it makes us happy to know that despite what the media would like us to believe, our very adventurous sex life doesn't have to end just because we reach a certain age.

    We can admit that we were wondering if you purchased anything else from Good Vibrations. We are very excited by your impulse purchase, and we will undoubtedly daydream about you treating us to a sexy striptease someday.

    We're excited to read Part 2, as we have it on good authority that a good time was had by all.

    -Us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there! I was in SF about 5 months ago and visited that same Good Vibrations store. Now on to read part 2 (and I have a suspicion I know who you played with :-) )

    ReplyDelete